Skier’s Choice is the proud manufacturer of Supra and Moomba performance inboard wakeboard and waterski towboats. Skier’s Choice is a privately held company located in the heart of boating country in Maryville, Tennessee. Skier’s Choice products are manufactured to deliver high value, class leading innovation, industry leading satisfaction and a premium customer experience. Our products are manufactured to stringent standards in a lean manufacturing facility dedicated to making a positive impact in our community and a minimum impact on the environment.
Skier’s Choice is searching for an experienced Electrical Engineer to be responsible for the entire electrical system in the boat; including but not limited to the boat’s 12V distribution system, the CAN Bus network, High Amp Systems, Power Distribution modules, circuit protection, and circuit control. The ownership of the system is defined as: the design process through implementation and troubleshooting, and training on the production floor. They are also responsible to develop and maintain good working relationships with the electrical system component vendors. There is an expectation that that they will continually challenge the electrical system to ensure that it is of the most robust design. They will also be responsible for ABYC E11 compliance, any other applicable industry standards, and documentation of the electrical system and its components.
Other duties will be assigned as needed and dependent on the company’s needs and the ability and aptitude of the Electrical Engineer.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
· Managing the projects life cycle from planning to completion.
· Develop and implement product testing on the electrical system.
· Plan and execute projects so that they address customer requirements, safety standards, industry standards, quality standards, deliverables, and costing.
· Document and preserve product design and development knowledge and data for the purpose of learning and improving future efforts and setting useful standards
· Ability to utilize electrical test equipment similar but not limited to digital multimeter (DMM), oscilloscope, function generators, and DC power supplies
· Evaluate feasibility, ABYC Compliance and ROI for potential countermeasures.
· Experience with engines and CAN bus applications.
· Experience with schematic CAD tools
· Communicating on daily progression of projects with PD&E staff.
· Support the production value stream and assist with resolving product-related issues that arise during manufacturing that are related to the Electrical system.
· Upkeep, cleaning and generally caring for the boats that are being run and tested.
· Assist other departments as needed.
· Work within the Skier’s Choice system of learning, planning, communication, goal setting, and performance and participate fully in the continuous improvement of that system.
· Always represent and adhere to Skier’s Choice values of fairness, integrity, honesty, teamwork, and commitment
· Comply with all company policies.
· Make all decision in the context of the following priorities: (1) safety, (2) quality, (3) delivery, and (4) cost.
Compensation: Compensation will be based on the candidate’s previous experience and skill sets.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job description provides a summary of duties and responsibilities required of an Electrical Engineer and shall not be construed as a complete listing of duties and responsibilities of that position. The Electrical Engineer may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented herein.Back to Job Listings